Sandbox provides high quality child care for children 6 weeks to 12 years.
Daycare is available both full and part time
- Infant Care – Full Time Only – 6 weeks to 15 months
- Toddler Care – 15 months to 23 months
- 2 Years – Kindergarten
Mini School & Preschool
- 2’s & 3’s
- 3’s & 4’s
- 4’s & 5’s
Kindergarten – 5 years
- School Age Care – through age 12
- Summer Camp
Children are active learners and construct their own knowledge from activities that they themselves plan and carry out. That concept of active learning affects everything in the curriculum. The Sandbox Preschool and Daycare begins with a curriculum that meets the needs of the individual child.
QUALITY CURRICULUM IN CHILDCARE PROGRAMS
- Child is supported in active learning.
- Child initiated activities.
- Ample opportunity for independent problem solving.
- Child is encouraged to initiate meaningful conversation with peers and adults.
- Child is encouraged to explore materials and interests on their own.
- Proper staff to child ratios.
- Staff trained in early childhood development and care.
- Effective evaluation procedures that help staff observe each child’s responses to the environment and programs.
- Continual, updated, research based, annual training for all staff.
- Active parental involvement.
- Good administrative backup.
- Clear links to comprehensive services such as health, nutrition and social support.
Click on the Programs Link at the left side of this page for all of the Sandbox Programs