3′s & 4′s Additional Skill Development
ADDITIONAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT
3’s and 4’s are growing, developing and learning
at a very rapid rate in a variety of areas.
Social and Emotional
- Social and emotional – developing a definite sense of self
- Demonstrating responsibility for self and other
- Understanding the necessity of rules and prosocial behavior
- Understanding their own feelings and the management of those feelings.
- Include basic loco motor skills, balance, throwing, kicking and catching
- Controls small muscles in the hands, coordinates eye to hand movement, uses tools for writing and drawing
- Developing learning and problem solving skills
- Logical thinking skills
- Beginnings of representation and symbolic thinking (pretend rolls, make believe with objects, etc)
- Involving listening and speaking, expression, understanding directions, questions and answers
- Involving reading and writing and all of its components making meaning from print
- Understanding the purpose of writing. Writing letters and words.